CLEVELAND SUBURBAN HOCKEY LEAGUE
May 19th, 2013 CSHL Schedule for 2013-14 Season posted below
Feb 28, 2013 CSHL Night at Progressive Field with the Indians. See Flyer at link at left
The date is Saturday September 21st.
* Important Please Read * Information You Need to Know *
Parents, Coaches, & Referees,
Visit the Ohio Department of Health Website to learn about Ohio's Return-to-Play Law that goes into effect on April 26th 2013http://www.healthyohioprogram.org/concu ... Concussion
Info SheetConcussion Information Sheet
Per ORC 3707.52 as enacted by Ohio HB 143 of the 129th General Assembly, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) is required to create a concussion and head injury information sheet for participants in interscholastic activities and youth sports. The link to the Student Athlete Concussion Information Sheet can be found on the Ohio Department of Health Website.
Ohio's Return-to-Play Law: What Coaches & Referees Need to Know - Youth Sports Organizations (Non-School Sports)
Starting April 26th, 2013, individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach or referee for a youth sports organization, whether volunteer or paid, without:
1) successfully completing, every three years, an online training program in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries provided by the Ohio Department of Health
2) holding a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education. Online Concussion Management Training
Per ORC 3707.52 as enacted by Ohio HB 143 of the 129th General Assembly, ODH is required to post free training programs that train coaches and referees in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries.
The following free online trainings
have been approved by the Ohio Department of Health for coaches and referees:
(Prefered by CSHL)National Federation of State High School Associations Concussion in Sports - What you Need to Know: http://www.nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail ... seID=38000
(This free on-line course is available through the NFHS. You will need to click the “order here” button and complete a brief registration form to take the course.) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports On-Line Training Program: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/o ... ining.html
PLEASE NOTE: Both courses offer a “certificate of completion” upon successful passage. The NFHS course allows organizations to search for and track coaches who have completed the course while the CDC course does not.Removal From and Return to Play
1) Starting April 26th, 2013, coaches, referees, or officials must remove an athlete exhibiting the signs and symptoms of a concussion during practice or a game. These include:
* Appears dazed or stunned. * Is confused about assignment or position. * Forgets plays. * Is unsure of game, score or opponent. * Moves clumsily. * Answers questions slowly. * Loses consciousness (even briefly). * Shows behavior or personality changes (irritability, sadness, nervousness, feeling more emotional). * Can’t recall events before or after hit or fall. * Any headache or “pressure” in head. (How badly it hurts does not matter.) * Nausea or vomiting. * Balance problems or dizziness. * Double or blurry vision. * Sensitivity to light and/or noise * Feeling sluggish, hazy, foggy or groggy. * Concentration or memory problems. * Confusion * Does not “feel right.” * Trouble falling asleep. * Sleeping more or less than usual.
2) The athlete cannot return to play on the same day that he or she is removed.
3) The athlete is not permitted to return to play until they have been assessed and receive written clearance by a physician (MD or DO) or by any other licensed health care provider approved by the youth sports organization. It is important to review your organization’s policy regarding which health care providers are authorized to clear an athlete to return-to-play.
Cleveland Suburban Hockey League Board
CSHL 2013-14 Events:
- Deadline to submit preseason home ice slots/blackout weekend:
- General Meeting: Tuesday September 10th (Mandatory)
- 7:00 pm, Head of Program Meeting @ Garfield Heights Civic Center
- Preseason Scheduling: Saturday September 14that Cleveland Hts (CEP training planned)
- 7:45 AM Bantam
- 9:45 AM Peewee
- 11:45 AM Squirt
- 1:45 PM Mite ADM (Red & White Levels) (Blue will schedule in December)
- Preseason Play: Thursday, September 19th to Sunday, October 20th.
- Final Preseason RPI posted Monday, October 21st Noon.
- Deadline for Petitions/Appeal of Team Placement: Monday October 21st at 8 pm.
- Petitions will be posted on web by 9:00 pm.
- Cutoff for accepting feedback from Division Coaches on Petitions:
- Tuesday, October 22nd at 3:00 pm.
- Board meets to determine team placement: Tuesday, October 22nd.
- General League Meeting: Wednesday, October 23rd (Mandatory)
- 7:00 pm, @ Garfield Heights Civic Center.
- Regular Season Scheduling: Saturday, October 26th @ Cleveland Hts
- 7:45 AM Bantam
- 9:45 AM Peewee
- 11:45 AM Squirt
- 1:45 PM Mite ADM (Red & White Levels)
- Regular Season Play: Thursday, October 31st to Thursday, February 13th.
- Deadline for all Regular Season Game changes: December 1st 2013.
- CSHL Blackout Date for CSHL Night at The Monsters, TBD.
- General League Meeting: Tuesday, February 4th (Mandatory).
- 7 pm, Garfield Heights Civic Center
- First Playoff Weekend: Saturday and Sunday, February 22nd & 23rd.
- Second Playoff Weekend/Championship Games: Saturday & Sunday, March 1st & 2nd.
- Annual Meeting and Board Elections: Tuesday May 13th (Mandatory) @ Cleveland Hts
To Request Referees For A Game. Please send your request to email@example.com. Please make sure the date, day, time (am/pm), level, period length (i.e. 12 minute periods), and rink are included in the text of the message. I will reply back with the referee's names as a confirmation that the game is covered. I will also verify the referee fee for that game. All games will be cash at the game. If you have any questions, you can contact Don Lewis at 330-464-2668.
To request Game Changes/Additions: During the 10 day grace period, please follow the procedure that is in the rule book. You must send an e-mail to the opposing coach requesting the game change. In the subject line please type in the orignal game #, rink, date and time. In the body of the text please include the new game information - date/time/rink/ and your name and title. The opposing coach will forward the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and add in the body of the text - I approve this change. When I receive it, I will hit reply to all and in the body of the text I will confirm the change. If followed correctly, we will not miss any game changes. I will change the game in the arbiter and the CSHL Website. After the 10 day grace period the head of program must follow the same process and submit the change. The program will be charged $100.
History of the CSHL. Betty Ann Maulorico, CSHL Treasurer, has been involved with the Cleveland Suburban Hockey League since its inception in 1971. She spent the last 9 months writing a history of the League. It is now available for perusal by clicking on the CSHL Member Programs menu button on the left side of this page. It makes for great reading for those interested in how youth hockey has grown over the past 30 years. If you have questions or other interesting historical facts or tidbits for Betty Ann, her email is email@example.com. Thanks are owed to Betty Ann for 35 years of service!Frequently Asked Questions Added to Menu. As questions come up to the Board, we've decided to publish some of the more interesting ones in our FAQ. Check out the questions on curfew games and playing for multiple teams. If anyone has an interesting question they'd like to see added, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.